Des Moines CountyResidential Dust Control
When you spread LIQUIDOW™ Liquid Calcium Chloride on unpaved roads, a lot of problems clear up.
*LIQUIDDOW™ – Trademark of Occidental Chemical Corporation.
Dust control is not dust elimination.
Calcium Chloride attracts moisture, and this is what makes it an excellent dust control product. LIQUIDOW™ is produced from natural brine deposits found underground, so it is safe for the environment.
Des Moines County requires a permit for dust control applications. Binns & Stevens will submit that permit for you.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 25th, 2023 – Late applications will not get dust control until a later date.
Due to weather, road, and traffic conditions, two applications are recommended. A minimum length of 400 feet is REQUIRED.
One application only: $296.50 for the first 400 feet + $0.741/additional footage.
RECOMMENDED: Two applications: $592.00 for the first 400 feet + $1.48/additional footage.
Please have area to be treated clearly flagged and visible at each end for the ENTIRE season (May to October). If flags are not visible, drivers will use their own judgment for location. PLEASE NOTE: All spots will be measured. Any footage flagged over the amount ordered will be billed to the customer. If you are unsure of flag distance and do not want more than ordered, please indicate that on the application.
If flags are not visible, drivers will use their own judgment for location.
THIS PERMIT IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- The applicant shall submit the following application with payment a minimum of one week in advance of the treatment in order to give the Des Moines County Road Department time to blade and shape the road.
- The applicant is responsible for maintaining a suitable driving surface on the dust-treated section of road. Failure to fill any potholes that develop will result in the scarifying and or blading of the affected area, without notice to the applicant, to restore a satisfactory and safe driving surface.
- This agreement expires on October 15th of the present year.
- In situations where the dust control section is under 1,200 feet long, the landowner and/or professional application company shall accept liability during the application process. Procedures should be implemented to provide for safety of the traveling public and the safety of the crew working in the roadway.
- In situations where one or more landowners have privately purchased dust control and created a section of continuous dust control that is a minimum of 1,200 feet long, the following applies. The undersigned hereby agrees to accept any and all liability in connection with the treated condition of the road. And hereby covenants and agrees to indemnity Des Moines County for any liability which might occur to Des Moines County as a result of the treated condition of the road in consideration in Des Moines County permission to the undersigned to treat said road.
By completing and submitting the following application, I, the applicant, acknowledge that I have read and understand the above Des Moines County Dust Control Conditions.
Dust Control Request Form
The deadline for application has passed. Please check with us regarding late applications.