Keokuk CountyResidential Dust Control
When you spread LIQUIDOW™ Liquid Calcium Chloride on unpaved roads, a lot of problems clear up.
*LIQUIDDOW™ – Trademark of Occidental Chemical Corporation.
Dust control is not dust elimination.
Calcium Chloride attracts moisture, and this is what makes it an excellent dust control product. LIQUIDOW™ is produced from natural brine deposits found underground, so it is safe for the environment.
Keokuk County requires a permit for dust control applications. Binns & Stevens will submit that permit for you along with the $25 permit fee.
|Sign Up Deadline||Dust Control Applied|
|April 21||May 21 – June 9|
|June 1||July 2 – July 21|
|August 1||August 20- September 8|
Due to weather, road, and traffic conditions, two applications are recommended. A minimum length of 400 feet is REQUIRED.
One application only: $307.60 for the first 400 feet + $0.769/additional footage.
RECOMMENDED: Two applications: $581.20 for the first 400 feet + $1.453/additional footage.
Please have area to be treated clearly flagged and visible at each end for the ENTIRE season (May to October). If flags are not visible, drivers will use their own judgment for location. PLEASE NOTE: All spots will be measured. Any footage flagged over the amount ordered will be billed to the customer. If you are unsure of flag distance and do not want more than ordered, please indicate that on the application.
Flags are available at the front office of the County Engineer’s Office at 1301 East Jackson St, Sigourney, IA or at Binns & Stevens office at 1507 17th Ave East, Oskaloosa, IA.
Keokuk County Guidelines
- I, applicant, have read the Keokuk County Dust Control Policy.
- Petroleum products and used oil are not allowed.
- I’m responsible for placing and maintaining flags at each end of the treated surface.
- Applicant is aware the County reserves the right, at any time deemed necessary, blade through this dust control area and/or add rock and is not responsible for lost dust control.
- I am also aware on October 1st or after that date my dust control will be bladed and/or rocked in preparation for winter.
- Keokuk County has no obligation and will assume no responsibility for the dust control product or application. Complaints regarding the performance of the dust control product should be directed to the applicator.
Dust control flags are available at the front office of the County Engineer’s Office at 1301 East Jackson St, Sigourney, IA, or at Binns & Stevens office at 1507 17th Ave East, Oskaloosa, IA.